The ASKION C-line® hermetic storage HS200 product family provides semi- and fully automated cryo-storage systems at temperatures of below -150°C to -185°C. The storage takes place in the gas phase of liquid nitrogen. A maximum sample quality is guaranteed for decades due to the storage in deep cold temperatures and the handling temperatures of the samples of down to below -130°C. Depending on the demand for storage capacity, the user can choose from three different versions of the HS200: S/M/L. Thanks to the modularity and the automation capability of the ASKION C-line® hermetic storage, it is possible to create biobank solutions from semi-automated standalone storage systems up to a fully automated biobank consisting of several storage systems. The three versions of the HS200, S, M and L, are completely compatible among each other and can be interconnected by an external rail system to build a fully automated biobank.
The documentation of all relevant system parameters as well as the complete administration of the samples is accomplished by our software solution ASKION C-line® Control.
- Storage in the gas phase of liquid nitrogen
- Independent of the sample format
- Handling of SBS racks
- Handling of single samples (pick-and-place robots)
- Gripper changer system
- Sample handling at temperatures of down to below -130°C (adjustable)
- Storage of up to 1,000,000 samples per Hermetic Storage
- Integrated barcode scanner for single samples and SBS racks for ambient temperatures of -130°C
- Modularly expandable without any influence on previously stored samples
- Continuous cold chain
- No penetration of moisture into the deep cold work area; the HS200 remains free of ice
- External automation in order to interconnect single storage systems to a fully automated biobank
- Sample management for controlling the storage and retrieval processes
- Compatible with all existing components of the ASKION C-line® System